The Labour Party has produced a campaign document outlining its proposed policies if elected to power in the forthcoming general election which is due to take place later this year.
The document headed – Let’s get Britain’s future back sets out some of its proposed policies if it were to be elected into government.
Those relevant to employment law include:
- Offering more apprenticeships through a new generation of Technical Excellence Colleges and transforming the apprenticeship levy.
- Delivering a genuine living wage.
- Banning zero hours contracts.
- Prohibiting fire and rehire.
- Creating jobs in clean energy and construction.
No doubt more detail will be provided from both parties in the coming months as the election campaigns get underway.