Acas have released useful and updated guidance on managing sickness absence which covers such matters as:
- fit notes and evidence of sickness;
- time off for dependants/parents/carers;
- holiday entitlement and sick pay;
- keeping in touch during absence;
- unauthorised absence;
- returning to work;
- creating sickness absence policies;
- absence tigger points;
- recording and reducing sickness absence.
You can read the guidance in full here: https://www.acas.org.uk/holiday-sickness-leave
Do reach out if we can be of any assistance with any sickness management matters.